Learn to write test-driven microservices, REST APIs, and web service APIs with PHP using the Lumen micro-framework, from the now popular Laravel family. This book shows you how testing APIs can help you write bullet-proof web application services and microservices.
In the Lumen Programming Guide you will learn how to use Lumen—a micro-framework by Laravel—to write bullet-proof APIs. Lumen helps you write productive, maintainable APIs using modern application design. You will learn how to write fully-tested APIs and understand essential Lumen concepts used to build a solid foundation for writing API projects.
What You Will Learn
- Maintain your API’s database structure through built-in database migrations
- Write tests with factory data in a test database
- Respond with consistent data output in JSON
- Deal with PHP exceptions by using JSON responses
- Create, read, update, and delete REST resources
- Represent model associations in API responses
- Build a solid foundation for writing tests with PHPUnit and Mockery
- Validate data
Who This Book Is For
PHP developers with no Laravel experience. Only a basic understanding of HTTP and writing PHP applications is needed to get started.